Devon Education Fund
Joint DCC and Babcock LDP letter to schools
The Devon Education Fund (DEF) is financed through benefits received from the Joint Venture between Devon County Council and Babcock LDP. It aims to provide £50k on an annual basis to fund ambitious and innovative ideas that will benefit learners in Devon from 0-25 years of age. It opens up opportunities for schools, organisations and educational projects to generate new ideas and approaches to improve the lives of children and young people.The DEF is particularly interested in projects which focus on learning and achievement where children and young people are given opportunities to succeed and be heard, and where the workforce is skilled and well-motivated.
Devon Education Fund projects could include:
- Educational innovation and excellence
- Raising standards, improving quality, extending educational opportunities
- Leadership development
- Student-led initiatives
- Promoting community based intergenerational projects
- Large-scale collaborative events
Who can apply?
The DEF wants to hear from schools, organisations and educational projects that exploit innovation and show a real ambition to enable children and young people in Devon to thrive and flourish. Grants of up to £20,000 may be awarded.
Please read the full eligibility criteria and guidance and see Appendix A for examples of previous projects.
How to apply (applications open 3rd June 2019)
1. Read the guidance and eligibility criteria carefully
2. Complete the application form. The next deadline for bids is midnight Friday 6th September 2019
3. Include all relevant information and make sure that we have all the information we need to assess your application
4. Submit your application to email@example.com
Your bid will be considered by the Awards Panel at its meeting w/b 16th September 2019.
Applicants will be contacted shortly after this date to receive confirmation of the panel’s decision.
To discuss your project please email Anne.Woodley@babcockinternational.com