Gypsy Roma Traveller
EMTAS provides a range of services to support schools to meet the needs of children from Traveller backgrounds (including Gypsy, Roma, Travellers of Irish heritage, Showmen, Circus and Occupational Travellers). These services include:
- Admission into school, links with parents, carers and communities, advice and direction on settling in, induction and transition.
- Short-term intervention programmes which can include in-class support.
- Individualised transition programmes for Traveller pupils from primary to secondary.
- support in developing inclusive approaches, fostering positive relationships and planning curriculum opportunities to value and promote Traveller culture.
- Catch-up teaching onsite
- Anti-racism CPD for school staff and workshops for pupils.
NEW GUIDANCE (NOVEMBER 2020) COVID-19: guidance for those leading a nomadic way of life