Register all new arrivals by completing the EMTAS registration form, this is useful information for our records and helps to place support when it is needed. You can also download our EAL Proficiency Assessments designed to fit the new DFE EAL levels. We can support schools with new arrivals by providing: The DFE are no longer collecting EAL proficiency, country of birth or nationality data however all schools should continue using the EAL assessments so that progress and targets are monitored.
- An interpreter for your initial meeting with the family
- A bilingual support worker for an induction
- Teacher training and advice
- Support in using the EAL assessment
- A home language assessment
- Bilingual Resources