The National Award for SEN Coordination is a postgraduate qualification, which is mandatory for teachers new to the role of SENCO and would be beneficial for experienced SENCOs. Other teachers in schools or Further Education settings may also be eligible to gain the qualification.
The South West Consortium: SENCO
The Award is offered through the South West Consortium consisting of the University of Exeter and University of Plymouth, working in conjunction with the local authorities of:
You will benefit from ...
- Six taught face-to-face days
- Local LA (Local Authority) context for learning through face-to-face and virtual learning support and resources
- Professional learning community
- Networking with local SENCOs and sharing good practice
- High-quality local tutors with extensive expertise, experience, and knowledge
- High-quality formative feedback
Find out more
If you are a SENCO in BCP or Dorset or would like to apply to the University of Exeter programme please contact Helen Knowler: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a SENCO in Cornwall, Devon, Plymouth or Somerset or would like to apply to the University of Plymouth programme please contact Victoria Bamsey: email@example.com