The SEND Helpline provides support, guidance, signposting and a listening ear for teaching staff, school leaders, school governors and SENCos working across Devon.
What does the Helpline provide?
The helpline provides daily support from experienced Specialist Teachers working within the Specialist SEND & Advisory Teams. The Helpline is able to provide advice and guidance on implementing the SEND Code of Practice (2015) including:
- Assess, Plan, Do Review cycle (including using the Devon Graduated Response Tool)
- Working in partnership with parents
- Promoting high-quality inclusive teaching in classrooms
- Monitoring and evaluating impact
- General advice on statutory processes such as requesting a statutory assessment of need, holding an annual review*
- Working with families
- Early Help and working with multi-agency partners.
* Please note that any enquiries related to named individuals undergoing EHC Needs Assessments or annual reviews process should be directed to the appropriate 0-25 SEN Team. Contact details for the team are on this page or email email@example.com
When is the Helpline available?
SENDCo Helpline Monday – Friday (term time) 12pm-4pm
Telephone number:01392 287248 or email on LDP-SencoHelpline@Babcockinternational.com (Please note, if the line is busy where staff are supporting other schools, please do leave an answer message, or email and someone will get back to you as soon as possible).