The SEND Helpline provides support, guidance, signposting and a listening ear for teaching staff, school leaders, school governors and SENDCos working across Devon.
What does the Helpline provide?
The Helpline offers the opportunity to talk through any questions or concerns you may have around SEND policy, practise and implementation within your setting, with the SEND Adviser, Hannah Chamings. The Helpline is able to provide advice and guidance on implementing the SEND Code of Practise (2015) including (but not limited to):
- Assess, Plan, Do Review cycle (including using the Devon Graduated Response Tool)
- Working in partnership with parents
- Promoting high-quality inclusive teaching in classrooms
- Monitoring and evaluating impact
- General advice on statutory processes such as requesting a statutory assessment of need, holding an annual review*
- Working with families
- Early Help and working with multi-agency partners.
* Please note that any enquiries related to named individuals undergoing EHC Needs Assessments or annual reviews process should be directed to the appropriate 0-25 SEN Team. Contact details for SEND: https://www.devon.gov.uk/education-and-families/send-local-offer/ Tel: 01392 380434 or email email@example.com
Parents and Carers: DiAS (Devon, Information, Advice and Support) supports children and young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and their parents and carers. DiAS is an impartial and confidential service. Their aim is to empower parents and carers to help them feel confident making informed decisions about their child’s education. They also support children and young people too, ensuring their views are heard and understood, thereby enabling them to make decisions about their future. You can access DiAS website here: https://devonias.org.uk Tel: 01392 383080 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the Helpline available?
The SEND Helpline is available every Tuesday from 12-4pm (term time only).
Telephone number:01392 287248 or email on LDP-SencoHelpline@Babcockinternational.com (If the line is busy please do leave an answer message, or email and we will get back to you as soon as possible).