Being a PSHE CPD Programme Affiliate
THE AFFILIATED MODEL – Would You Like To Be An Affiliate?
This model of the programme is coordinated by Local Authorities or other organisations in affiliation with Babcock LDP.
The Affiliated LA or Affiliated Organisation would need to arrange and cover the cost of:
- Administrative support for the course (administrative tasks are given in detail below).
- A venue for the three tutor days
- A trained tutor
- Marketing/promotion to schools
Administration of the course
For the Affiliated Model of the course, the Local Authority or Affiliated Organisation will need to arrange for a nominated contact to take responsibility for the administration of the course.
The required administrative tasks are:
- Completion of the Participants Application Form. Specific student details are required for registration with the Babcock LDP and these can be obtained via an application form. The completed registration template should then be forwarded by the registration deadline to the National PSHE Team at Babcock LDP. There are two registration deadlines - in January and September each year.
- Course materials. These will be provided electronically by email but will need to be printed as hard copies for the students.
- Submission and Assessment. Students will send their coursework directly to the National PSHE team on completion but queries can arise that may require some local administrative help.
- Results will be sent for all students to the Affiliated Organisation’s administrative contact who will be asked to send these out to the students individually by email.
- Certificates will be sent to the affiliated organisation’s administrative contact who will be asked to send these out to the students individually by post.
The cost to the Local Authority or Affiliated Organisation will depend on participant numbers and is confirmed at the point of registration. The Local Authority or Affiliated Organisation is free to set its own price to applicants – or offer as a funded course.
Electronic versions of the programme handbooks and course materials are provided.
Interested in becoming an Affiliate?
Contact us for further details or to speak to one of our PSHE teamEmail Us