The work of governing boards is increasingly being scrutinised and judged. Boards need to be able to rely on a trusted and experienced source of training, information and advice to support them in the valuable work that they do, and to ensure that they meet their legal responsibilities.
The Governance Consultancy team knows and understands first hand the challenges facing school governors, trustees and clerks. Our experienced staff and team of associates support, inform, guide, train and advise governors, headteachers and clerks as they seek to achieve and maintain high-quality governance within their schools in a modern climate of clear, confident, strategic leadership and sharply focused accountability.
If your board subscribes to our service you will find additional resources and materials available to download within the 'subscriber content' area of this website.
How to get in touch
Telephone us: 01392 287314
Email us: email@example.com or
Write to us: Governance Consultancy Team, Babcock LDP, Second Floor, Milford House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, EX2 5GF.
Interested in subscribing?
The Governance Consultancy team recognise the vital role that governors, trustees and clerks play in the strategic direction and leadership of schools. Whatever type of setting you govern or clerk within our team can work with you to provide the advice, resources and expertise you need.
For a governing board or a local governing body subscription to our service provides:
- Individual and confidential access to telephone and email helplines staffed by our experienced team
- Termly Governance Today magazine
- Weekly electronic ‘Governance Alert’ bulletin
- Termly electronic 'Checklist' publication
- Update sessions covering 'hot topics' for chairs, governors/trustees and clerks
- Access to a range of resources available to download from the subscriber content area of these webpages
- A wide range of high-quality training and development sessions for governors, trustees and clerks
- Access to the premium content on the Better Governor website, including webinars and podcasts
- Access to a range of model policies, guidance documents, toolkits and information.
What do people say about us?
“Enjoyed the course - trainer enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Course highlighted how much there is to learn!“ New Governors Induction
“Excellent course in a small group. Best training I’ve had in a long time!” Role of the Chair
“An excellent morning, very informative - lots of important information, but just the right level: gave a great understanding of all clerking matters and carefully and thoughtfully answered all questions.” Clerks Induction