Newly Qualified and Recently Qualified Teachers
Do you have NQTs in your school?
Registering your NQTs with us will help you meet your statutory requirements. You will receive on-going NQT Induction Support, which includes the annual conference and a range of NQT development training programmes. You will also benefit from reduced prices for access to other training, products and online resources and development.
Babcock LDP is the Appropriate Body with statutory responsibility for the quality of NQT Induction on behalf of Devon County Council and as such we are well placed to provide support to NQTs across all educational establishments. Devon maintained schools continue to receive this NQT support funded by DCC.
We are able to draw on the range of expertise across Babcock LDP to support you and your NQTs.
Core Support Package for NQT Registration and Administration (price from £269 + VAT per NQT)
- NQT registration with the Teaching Regulation Agency
- Administration through an online system which will give both NQTs and NQT induction tutors real time information relating to current progress, management of the process and support to meet the required standards
- Monitoring and quality assurance of assessment forms for both the NQT and named induction tutor
- On-line and telephone support through a dedicated contact
- NQT Handbook
Please note: Devon County Council maintained schools receive the Core Package funded by DCC
On-going NQT Induction Support
- Assessment visits and quality assurance visits as required
- Quality assurance of assessment forms against the Teachers' Standards
- Initial support for struggling NQTs and support to identify NQT’s specific needs to succeed
- Direct support for NQTs
- Direct support via phone/email for NQT induction tutors and headteachers
Support and Development for NQTs and NQT mentors
- Training for new NQT tutors
- Attendance at NQT/RQT network meetings
- Attendance at one conference from the range of Babcock conferences
- A range of training as part of the NQT development programme and CPD offer
- Reduced rates on a range of products and services provided by Babcock
Additional Intervention Support
This is available at an additional cost. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
New for 2019 - Support for Recently Qualified Teachers
Building on the successful completion of their NQT year Babcock LDP have developed a bespoke package of support for recently qualified teachers.
This will include:
Option 1: attendance at NQT / RQT networks
Option 2: attendance at CPD events
Option 3: Termly 1.5 hour mentoring