We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as a Specialist Support Assistant for the Communication and Interaction Team (Autism & Speech, Language and Communication Needs). This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to further their professional development and gain experience working across schools providing advice, support, challenge and high-quality training.
The Communication and Interaction Team are an experienced and dedicated team of Advisory Teachers and Specialist Support Workers.
The Communication and Interaction Team promote the successful inclusion of children and young people (CYP) with Autism and Speech, Language and Communication Needs. Through the provision of expert advice, guidance and training to school and settings, the team aims to help raise attainment, improve access and close the performance gap for these children and young people.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic individual who is able to demonstrate:
- A passion, vision and successful track record of improving outcomes for children and young people who have autism and/or speech, language and communication needs;
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of the factors impacting on CYP’s with communication and interaction needs and the current guidance on improving their engagement and outcomes;
- A working knowledge of evidence based/best practise effective strategies and interventions;
- The ability to deliver training, coaching and modelling sessions;
- Outstanding communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence;
- The ability to inspire confidence in others, including in challenging and complex situations;
- Forest school and/or outdoor learning/mentoring (desirable).
The role is mobile and you are required to provide your own vehicle.
Further opportunities exist within the organisation to work and support across other teams within the SEN portfolio, including the enabling team, which would attract additional personal financial income if undertaken (additional to advertised role being applied for).
For an informal discussion, please contact Paul Lamanna, Professional Lead for C&I, on 01392 287201.
Apply here by 13 September (noon).