Has your library got the ‘wow’ factor?
The School Library Service (SLS) works in partnership with school communities and provides the expertise to help raise reading standards.
Our highly trained and professional staff will:
- Develop your library as an excellent resource to promote a love of books
- Work with you to encourage young people of all abilities to develop a love of reading for pleasure
- Offer advice and training to develop information literacy skills
- Work with you to keep your deposit collection of libraries
- Help you with purchasing books from our shelf ready bookshop offering generous discounts
- Advise you on stock management
Why purchase this service?
We save you time and provide excellent value by:
- Providing up-to-date topic boxes to support teaching in the classroom saving your teaching staff time and enabling independent learning
- Assessing your library stock and highlighting areas for development
- Providing practical support to promote reading for pleasure
- Providing help and training for librarians in school and through support meetings
- Supporting with new library design and ‘library makeovers’
- Providing online support and telephone helpline
- Providing a ‘Book for Life’ scheme available through our book purchasing and exchange service
For all enquiries relating to buyback and subscriptions please contact the Head of the School Library Service: Anne Akile on 01392 287382 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org