The Mix Festival 2019
Wednesday 26th June 2019 | Dartington Hall, Totnes | 10:00 - 16:00
The Mix is Devon Music Education Hub’s annual schools’ music festival, giving children and young people – and the staff who work with them – the opportunity to be inspired by new musical experiences.
Join us in the beautiful surroundings of Dartington Hall on Wednesday 26 June for a day of live music performances, hands-on instrumental and vocal workshops for children and young people – some of this year’s highlights will include:
- Live music performances from Future DJs and HM Band of the Royal Marines CTCRM
- Whole Class Ensemble Tuition workshops – including brass, strings, steel pans, samba and taiko drumming
- Vocal workshops with the Royal Opera House and Friday Afternoons
- Secondary Zone – develop your performance skills, try your hand at the DJ decks and discuss future career options with music industry experts
The Mix will inspire and engage pupils in their musical learning and provide a stimulus for creative thinking for all those attending. Staff can return to school enthused and with increased confidence to deliver high quality musical opportunities for pupils.
Key reasons to attend:
- Staff will learn new ideas for delivering and facilitating Whole Class Ensemble Tuition
- Children and young people will be inspired by live music performances
- Engage with high calibre internationally renowned music organisations
- Learn more about gaining an accredited Arts Award Discover or Explore qualification
Follow us on Twitter @BabcockEvents join the conversation using the hashtag #DevonMix2019
Sign up for conference and masterclass email updatesSign up
A fantastic experience for pupils to engage in a wide range of musical activities. It was the talking point for many days after the event.
Delegate feedback from our previous Mix FestivalRead more delegate testimonials